Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jason's famous potato salad

I have been making potato salad since I was a kid. My dad told me one that it was potato salad not egg salad so chop your eggs up small. If you like potato salad give it a try and let me know what you think.


8 potatoes
4 eggs
2 small pickles or 1 large one
1/2 of a real small onion (a little onion goes a long way)
3-4 large scoops of Mayonnaise (not Miracle hip, yuck)
1 big squirt of mustard
1 cup of pickle juice
Salt and pepper to taste

I cut the potatoes into small cubes and the eggs really small. I also chop the onions up really small. Remember a little onion goes a long ways. Don't add to much! I also chop the pickles small. But I don't like to use pickle relish it doesn't give the same flavor. Also you need the juice. Finally add the pickle juice and the salt and pepper and mix it up. If it needs a little more mayo or mustard just add it. Same goes with the salt and pepper. I hope you enjoy it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! I just made potato salad tonight, wishing the whole time I had your recipe, Jason, because mine never tastes as good as yours. Now I can make it right!

    ReplyDelete