Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Green Chile Pancakes

The other day we were running late as usual. My daughter was at piano lessions and needed to be picked up soon, and my wife would be home from school any minute. We had a planning meeting for the oldest daughters girls camp in about 20 minutes and  I still hadn't even thought about dinner. I had a thought come to my mind. Green chile pancakes. Why not! I had just bought green chile enchalada sauce 4 cans for $1. I scooped out:

3  cups of flour
1  Tbl spoon of baking powder
1  t spoon of salt
1  about 1/4 cup of oil
1  can of green chile enchalada sauce
1  can of chicken broth
1  can of cream corn
and cheddar and Pepper Jack cheese

I mixed it all together, poured out six pancakes on the griddle. I sliced off a piece of cheese and put it on top. When I flipped the pancakes I scratched the middle of them. The cheese bubbled out the top. Not all the kids like cheese so of coarse I some cheese less. My favorite ones were the Pepper Jack. Give it a try and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment