Friday, June 21, 2013

Chicken salad from your own canned chicken

I made some chicken salad for lunch out of some chicken I canned my self. I gave the how too on a different post on how to can your own chicken. Its really easy to be a home caner!! The good news is I canned it in May of 2009 and it tasted just as good today as it did then.

My wife makes the best chicken salad, but mine isn't bad. It isn't very hard to make chicken salad. First I opened a can of chicken, saving the broth for something else. Then I added about 4 scoops of mayo and about 1/2 a can of pineapple. I added salt, pepper, onion powder and celery seeds. My wife puts grapes, almonds and other good stuff. I used what I had and it tasted pretty darn good!! Especially on home made bread!!

Please look at the can your own chicken post. If you have a jar of chicken, you can make a meal fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment