Saturday, June 15, 2013

Buttermilk Syrup

Buttermilk Syrup over the last few years has become a family favorite. I had had it before, but my mother in law made it a few times when we visited and my kids, wife and I were hooked. If you haven't tried it before you don't know what your missing.


2 cubes of butter
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
a splash of vanilla
1 tea spoon of baking soda


Put two cubs of nutted in a sauce pan melt it and add the cup of sugar. Add the buttermilk and vanilla. Let it come to a boil. Then add the baking soda. It will foam up make sure you have a big enough pan. Its ready to eat. Put it on pancakes, waffles of french toast and enjoy.

 

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is sinful! The first time I tried it it reminded me of eating Krispi Kreme Donuts!

    ReplyDelete