Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Brazilian Black beans

I went on a mission to my Church in Brazil, so I love black beans and rice. This is my favorite way to fix it, but you can add to or use less if you want. I like to cook it in a pressure cooker, but you can cook it in a pot also it just takes a lot longer.


Dried black beans
1  lb of bacon
1  5 or 6 pack of brats
1  large onion
1 small piece of ham
cilantro
Brazilian garlic salt



The size of pot you are cooking in will  dictate how many beans you need.

First I cut the meat up in small pieces and fry it. Drain out the grease. Then I add the onion and fry it also. Then add the beans and water and cook them. If you need to add more water add boiling water. If you just add cold water it will make your beans hard. Also don't add salt until your beans are soft. When the beans are soft add the cilantro and garlic salt. Add a little regular salt if needed.

Make some rice and you have a yummy dinner. Brazilian stile!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment