Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fish with coconut sauce

This is something we really like it is really yummy. You can also make it with chicken, but it is a little more like island food if you use fish.

2 lbs of fish or chicken
1 large onion
1 large bell pepper
5 cloves of garlic
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
Chicken bullion if needed
Cilantro
Lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder

 First cut up your bell peppers, onions and garlic. Saute the bell peppers, onions and garlic. Next add the fish it doesn't need to cook long. If you are a fisher man or girl use bass, cat fish or crappie. When I buy fish for this did I just buy what cost the least. Next add the can of tomatoes and the chicken broth. Let it boil for maybe 10 minutes. By then the fish is fully cooked. Then add the coconut milk. Add a splash of lemon juice and a big hand full of cilantro chopped finally. If you like the taste of cilantro add two hand fulls. Finally season it to taste. I like to taste my food as I am cooking it and add seasoning as I go.  It is really good. We like to eat it with rice, but it would be good with pasta also.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment